On behalf of United Way of King County, I’d like to invite you to join us for United Way Lobby Day, an annual event where supporters talk with legislators, encouraging them to strengthen the human services system to ensure everyone has a home, students graduate, and people are financially stable.
~ Colleen Laing, Associate Director, Planning and Public Policy at United Way.
Join us and make a difference!
United Way Lobby Day
Thursday, Feb. 23, 2017
8:00am – 2:30pm
State Capitol, Olympia, Washington
Your Lobby Day Details:
- It’s fun, educational, and has an impact on the success of important legislation
- We provide training and all the information you need to comfortably talk with legislators
- We typically take about 24 people from King County and meet with between 25-30 legislators
- We meet with legislators in groups of 2-4 with an experienced team lead, so you will have leadership, back-up, and support
- Legislators are surprised and happy to hear from business people, community leaders, volunteers, and United Way supporters on human services issues
- Hear what elected officials have to say about their priorities and thoughts on the 2017 session (we usually have 2-4 presentations from legislators during the day)
- Meet business and community leaders from other United Ways around the state
- No need to be an ‘expert’ in any policy area—you’ll be talking about why you support United Way’s work
Your involvement in Lobby Day is key to our policy change!
Looking for more reasons to join? Check out what advocates helped accomplish last year.
Inspired? Need more? Check out what we are lobbying for this year!
To register download this form and return it by Feb. 17.
Don’t forget to add United Way of King County Lobby Day to your calendar for Feb. 23.
The post Sign Up For Lobby Day 2017! appeared first on United Way of King County.